2006-08-08

Apple security update breaks Mail and Safari

Apple, what have you done. A black day in Apple history. :-)

After installing the Apple Security update 2006-004 I had problems starting Mail.app and Safari.app on my iBook. The problem report I sent to Apple said:


Symbol not found: __ZN3KJS9ObjectImpC2Eb
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore


The rest of the system seemed fine, and I was able to use Firefox to find this simple solution (after tons of useless problem reports without solution):

Just install the MacOS X Update 10.4.7 Combo PPC update again. This solved the problem for me. Of course I don't have the security update anymore, but quite frankly, I can live with that.

Btw, I found this solution on another blog.

On days like these I really like blogs.

Happy installing,

icode

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I'm glad to see that other people was helped by the solution, originally developed by my girlfriend, who thought it was an easier way, instead of downgrading the whole system to 10.4.0.