When using the fast user switching feature of Mac OS X 10.4.x (x == 1 to 8 at least) there is a nasty bug which screws up the color profile settings (if you use a custom color profile, which is very likely if you use a LCD screen).
The bug appears like this:
- you log in: color profile OK
- you switch to another user: color profile OK
- you switch back to the original user: color profile screwed up and can not be reset by the obvious means in the system settings
I found a workaround here which works pretty well:
Thanks a lot for sharing this!
- to fix the problem temporarily (e.g. fix the color profile) start
- to fix it permanently add this to the startup objects for all users
Have a colorful day!