- Internal HF shielding was rattling loosely in the housing (was not soldered to PCB) (broken)
- Antenna plug was attached to housing using hot glue, but was still completely loose (broken)
- Default IP of router was not 192.168.2.2 (as documented) but 192.168.16.1 (as if somebody already used the device)
- Automatic channel selection selected a channel which was already taken (11) although channel 6 was still free (well, other devices do that too)
- WLAN signal strength was at 80% (while set to maximum in settings) although the device was 1-2 meters away from the client. Even the networks of my neighbours were stronger! :-)
- Network access through WLAN was extemely slow: I always had huge latencies of > 2000ms. Ping times through WLAN were about 2100ms. Ssh was completely unusable through this. Websurfing felt as if going through a 9600 baud modem. I tried for about one hour to figure out what misconfiguration could have caused this and eventually gave up.
It seems like my unit was already used by somebody else who did not like it and has sent it back. The packaging appeared to be untouched however.
Nevertheless I will send the device back to the dealer and claim my money back. I do not even want a replacement unit.